CURRENT STATE AND PROSPECTS OF DEVELOPMENT OF FLOUR MILLING INDUSTRY IN UKRAINEKvach Ja.P;Koshelek G.V
Key words: flour;export and import of flour;grain;flour milling industry
Flour milling industry plays a leading role in providing individuals and other food industries by such socially
important products as flour and grain. Ukraine has the potential for storing of food grain for production of flour and
grain. Despite the gradual decline of bread consumption in Ukraine, which is observed in recent years, flour was and is
remained a strategically important product, the production of which brings a steady income.
The current state of flour milling industry in Ukraine is observed, it is proved that flour milling industry along
with grain and animal feed industries, it is the part of the grain industrial complex in Ukraine, which has the potential
for storing of food grain for flour and grain production.
The dynamics of flour production and annual consumption of bakery per head of population in Ukraine for
some years, the export and import of flour is analyzed.
The economic and demographic factors, due to which there was a decrease in consumption are defined. The
top 10 manufacturers of flour in Ukraine in 2014 are showed. New factors influencing the change of the grain market of
Ukraine are determined. The main problems that hinder the development of the market of flour and exports of this industry
and prospects of the milling industry are reviewed.
The study showed that for Ukrainian market of flour the main factors that influence on the price situation are
the following: the shortage of local raw materials, the cost of wheat on world markets and on the markets of Russia and
the USA, as well as the processes of lawmaking. Another feature of the Ukrainian market of flour pricing it is a
significant administrative pressure that can be applied to prevent the growth of prices for bread products.
The main reasons of the decline in flour production are the reduction of average consumption and the amount
of industrial use of flour, in particular in the baking industry, which is the largest consumer of this product and
"shadowing" the movement of trade flows.
If we consider the situation in the flour-milling industry in the future, there is clearly the only fundamental
factor it is rating of the population in Ukraine, which is reduced, its age criteria and level of urbanization, all of these
can lead to the increase in exports in the future
1. Deklaratsiya Vsemirnogo sammita po prodovolstvennoy bezopasnosti. Prinyata na Vsemirnom sammite po
prodovolstvennoy bezopasnosti (Rome, 16–18 november 2009) [Electronic resource]. Access mode:
2. Bokiy O.V. (2013). Runok boroshna v Ukrayini. Visnuk ONU imeni I.I. Mechnikova. Vol. 18, 4/1, 43-57.
3. Kuznetsova I.O. (2009). Monitoring yak skladova protsesu upravlinnya pidpriemstvom hliboproduktiv:
teoriya ta metodologiya (Monografiya). Odesa: VPP „Drukarskiy dim“, 228.
4. Nikishina O. (2013). Analiz rinku boroshnomelnoyi produktsiyi. Tovari i rinki, № 2, 43-57.
5. Ryibchinskiy R.S. (2012). Tendentsii razvitiya mukomolnoy otrasli Ukrainyi. Hranenie i pererabotka
zerna, № 11 (161), 15-17.
6. Podderogin A.M., Kornilyuk A.V. (2009). Finansoviy stan ta investitsiyna privablivist pidpriemstv harchovoyi
promislovosti Ukrayini. Ekonomika i region. PoltNTU, № 1(20), 94-100.
7. Ofitsiyniy veb-sayt Ministerstva ekonomiki Ukrayini [Electronic resource]. Access mode:
8. Ofitsiyniy sayt Derzhavnoyi sluzhbi statistiki Ukrayini: [Electronic resource]. Access mode: –
9. Zbirnik «Ukrayina – 2013»: stat. zb.; za red. O.E. Ostapchuka. K.: TOV «Avgust Treyd», 2014, 28.
10. Ofitsiyniy sayt Informatsiyno-analitichnogo agentstva «APK-Inform»: [Electronic resource]. Access
11. Ofitsiyniy sayt Informatsiynogo agentstva «Agro Perspektiva»: [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: -
12. Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrayini vid 14.04.2000. № 656 «Pro zatverdzhennya naboriv produktiv
harchuvannya, naboriv neprodovolchih tovariv ta naboriv poslug dlya osnovnih sotsialnih i demografIchnih grup naselennya
» [Electronic resource]. Access mode: http://sop.com.ua/regulations/2339/246818/