Integration mechanisms of development of ukrainian market of bread and bakery productsNikishina O.; Bibikova N.
Key words: bread market; legal and «shadow» segments; integration tendencies; intersector linkages; market integration mechanisms.
Ukrainian bread and bakery market is a four-sector strategic market, which performs an integration function in a macrosystem. The characteristic feature of the modern bread market is functioning of two segments: legal, which provides 26 % of the real volume of consumption of bread, and «shadow», which share reaches 74 % and is growing dynamically.
During the study, the integration tendencies and problems of development of bread market in the segmented section have been determined. It is established that the legal segment is competitive, among the large enterprises vertically integrated structures with a closed production cycle prevail. For the segment there is a tendency for unbundling, decrease in the number of enterprises, level of loading of their capacities (30-40 %) and volumes of production. The main problems of development of official bread producers are: (1) a fierce competition with the «shadow» segment; (2) a low level of profitability of products (about 4 %); (3) unequal relations with trade networks. The «shadow» segment of the bread market is competitive and dynamically growing. It is characterized by the strengthening of integration ties between «shadow» producers of flour and bread. The main problem of development is the problem of quality and safety of bread products sold at dumping prices.
The integration problems and development mechanisms of Ukrainian market of bread and bakery products have been substantiated. The main problems of integration include the following: (1) weakening of integration linkages between rye and wheat producers of grade 2 and processing enterprises; (2) unequal economic relations between the subjects of the production and trade sectors; (3) growth in volumes of the «shadow» segment of the bread market. For their target solutions three integration mechanisms have been developed providing for: (1) creation of grain cooperatives with participation of small and medium grain producers and processing enterprises; (2) adoption of Law of Ukraine «On Internal Trade», which defines the terms of trade networks calculations for the group of socially important food products (up to 10 business days); (3) strengthening of market surveillance system taking into account European experience. According to the analysis the price disparity in consumer sector has been revealed and expediency of introduction of the mechanism of food subsidies for low-income groups of population has been substantiated.
1. Averchenko, V. (2015). Potrebitelyu slozhno ob\'yasnit, chto hleb ne mozhet byit deshevyim: Intervyu s direktorom «Hlebproma». Retrieved March 9, 2015, from https://delo.ua/business/potrebitelju-slozhno-objasnit-chto-hleb-ne-mozhet-byt-deshevym-g-292327/
2. Vasilchenko, A. N. (2013). Nekotoryie osobennosti funktsionirovaniya ryinka hleba v Ukraine: Intervyu s generalnyim direktorom Ob\'edineniya hlebopekarnyih predpriyatiy «Ukrhlebprom» A. N. Vasilchenko. Retrieved from http://ukrhlibprom.org.ua/ua/publikaciii/jurnal_hranenie_i_pererabotka_zerna_no3_mart_2013.html
3. Kovalenko, L. A. (2015). Konkurentsiia u khlibobulochnii promyslovosti Ukrainy. Naukovyi Visnyk Khersonskoho Derzhavnoho Universytetu, (12), 1st ser., 112-115.
4. Navolska, N. V. (2016). Doslidzhennia rynku khliba ta khlibobulochnykh vyrobiv v Ukraini. Hlobalni Ta Natsionalni Problemy Ekonomiky, (11), 438-441.
5. Pro zatverdzhennia naboriv produktiv kharchuvannia, naboriv neprodovolchykh tovariv ta naboriv posluh dlia osnovnykh sotsialnykh i demohrafichnykh hrup naselennia: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy № 780 vid 11.10.2016 r. (2016). Retrieved from http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/780-2016-п
6. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy. Retrieved from http://ukrstat.gov.ua/
7. Nikishyna, O. V. (2017). Methodical approach to the evaluation the efficiency of integrated commodity market (Rep.). Retrieved https://www.lap-publishing.com/extern/listprojects
8. Nikishyna, O. V. (2017). Measures for increase efficiency Ukrainian market of bread and bakery products. In Actual problems of economics: Theory and practice: VІІ International scientific conference (pp. 25-30). Vinnitsa: LLC “Nilan-Ltd”.
9. Ofitsialnyiy sayt APK-Inform: «Seryiy» ryinok muki v Ukraine sostavlyaet okolo 1,3 mln. tonn. (2016, September 22). Retrieved from http://www.apk-inform.com/ru/news/1072816#.WX74z4Tyjcu
10. Nikishyna, O. V. (2016). Transformatsiinyi vplyv intehratsiinykh protsesiv na vidtvoriuvalnyi rozvytok zernovoho rynku Ukrainy. Ekonomichni Innovatsii, (62), 232-241.
11. Zhulkanych, N. O. (2017). Role of small and medium producers grain in providing food security of Ukraine and its regions. In Results of modern scientific research: Proceedings of XI International scientific conference (pp. 57-61). Morrisville: Lulu Press.
12. Pro vnutrishniu torhivliu: Proekt Zakonu Ukrainy № 9443 vid 10.11.2011 r. (2011). Retrieved from http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/JF7AB00A.html
13. Karta prokhodzhennia proektu Zakonu Ukrainy «Pro vnutrishniu torhivliu» № 9443 vid 10.11.2011 r. (2011). Retrieved from http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/JF7AB00I.html
14. Hryhorenko, I. V., & Levchuk, Yu. V. (2015). Standartyzatsiia v systemi tekhnichnoho rehuliuvannia khlibopekarskoi produktsii v Ukraini. Tovaroznavchyi Visnyk, (8), 170-176.
15. Dyatlova, V. (2017). Supervision of Market (International experience and approaches to reform in Ukraine),. Retrieved from http://www.experts.in.ua/baza/analitic/index.php
16. Paskhaver, B. Y. (2014). Tendentsii ta problemy natsionalnoho prodovolchoho spozhyvannia. Ekonomika APK, (10), 5-13.