Reality today of the present and prospects of development of touristic business of the Odessa regionDobrianska N.; Stoyanova - Koval S.; Nikoliuk O.
Key words: tourism; tourism industry; tourism sphere; domestic tourism; foreign tourists.
The article presents the results of the analysis of the current state of the tourist industry of the Odessa region. Considered the share of tourists in the region. In 2016, there is a high demand amongcitizens of the Odessa region for foreign travel (the flourishing of foreign international tourism) because people decided to spend money on expensive and quality holiday in other countries. And the completely opposite situation with the interest of foreigners in the Ukrainian tourist destination (including in the Odessa region), the demand for foreign tourists is very low. As for domestic tourists, their number is on an average level (interest in domestic tourism has fallen, but demand is still there).
The tendencies of the number of foreign and domestic tourists in the region are analyzed. From 2000 to 2003, the number of foreign tourists in the Odessa region grew. In 2003, the largest number of foreign tourists was registered and amounted to 122860 people. Then more or less the development of tourist activity in Odessa and the Odessa region started, and various tourist events began to appear. Various exhibitions, concerts and travel agencies were held. In 2004 there was a sharp decline due to the revolution and the number of foreign tourists amounted to 58745 people.
Analyzing the place of the Odessa region in the tourist potential of Ukraine as a whole, it should be noted that the political events in 2014 also negatively reflected in the structure of the tourist flow of the country. This tendency lasted until 2015, when the smallest number of foreign tourists was registered - 1126 people in the Odessa region.
The present work analyzes the existing negative trends in the functioning of the tourism sector and proposes ways to solve the problems of tourism development in the Odessa region.
Pro turyzm: Zakon Ukrainy № 124/19-VR v redaktsii vid 15.01.2015 r. (2015). Retrieved from http://zakon1.rada.gov.ua/cgi-bin/laws/main.cgi
2. Vorobiova, O. A. (2011). Problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku rekreatsiino – turystychnoi diialnosti v pivdennykh raionakh Odeskoi oblasti. Ekonomichni Innovatsii, (44), 46-56.
3. Liubitseva, O. O. (2006). Rynok turystychnykh posluh. K.: Alterpres.
4. Liubitseva, O. O., Pankova, Ye. V., & Stafiichuk, V. I. (2007). Turystychni resursy Ukrainy. K.: Alterpres.
5. Malska, M. P., Antoniuk, N. V., & Hanych, N. M. (2008). Mizhnarodnyi turyzm i sfera posluh. K.: Znannia.
6. Svyda, I. V. (2009). Suchasnyi stan, aktualni problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku vitchyznianoho rynku turystychnykh posluh. Naukovyi Visnyk Uzhhorodskoho Universytetu, (28 (3)), 64-69.
7. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. (2018). Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua.
8. Prohrama rozvytku turyzmu ta kurortiv v Odeskii oblasti na 2017 - 2020 rr.: Dodatok do rishennia oblasnoi rady vid 23 hrudnia 2016 roku № 285-VII. (2016). Retrieved from http://oda.odessa.gov.ua/53/52281/78913/78936
9. Statystychnyi shchorichnyk Odeskoi oblasti za 2016 rik. (2017). Retrieved from http://www.od.ukrstat.gov.ua/
10. No major changes in the top ten [Review]. (2009). UNWTO. Tourism Highlights, 1-11.