Cluster development of the agri-food sphere of the southern region: the foreign economic activity aspectSamofatova V.
Key words: cluster; agri-food sphere (AFS); region; competition; cooperation; export potential.
The article has analyzed the "cluster" category, the expected positive effects of the creation and development of clusters in the agri-food sphere of the Southern region have been grounded and the European clustering experience has been considered. The concept of a cluster as a unique organizational and economic formation has been investigated. The advantages of clustering in the agri-food sphere of the region for increasing its competitiveness in foreign markets have been analyzed. It has been shown, that cluster initiatives in the agri-food sphere of the regions are a popular platform for cooperation between countries. It was noted, that the regions in which the clusters function are becoming leaders in the economies of certain countries. It has been concluded, that the effectiveness of interaction in a cluster is determined by the optimality of the combination of interests of all major groups of participants. The development of clusters will be more effective if they are implemented on the basis of the principle of "reasonable specialization", that is, taking into account the unique competitive advantages of the region. In addition, success will depend on the ability to adapt to the environment.
1. Osnovni pokaznyky zovnishnoi torhivli Ukrainy. Ofitsiinyi sait Ukrainskoho klubu ahrarnoho biznesu (UKAB). (2018). Retrieved from http://ucab.ua/ua/doing_agribusiness/zovnishni_rinki/osnovni_pokazniki_zovnishnoi_torgivli_ukraini
2. Osokolskyi, V. V. (2014). Klasteryzatsiia – vahomyi faktor pidvyshchennia konkurentospromozhnosti ekonomiky Ukrainy. Ekonomika Ukrainy, (11), 4-16.
3. Voinarenko, M. (2008). Klastery yak poliusy zrostannia konkurentospromozhnosti rehioniv. Ekonomist, (10), 27-30.
4. Porter, M. (2005). Konkurentsiya. M.: Izdatelskiy dom «Vilyams».
5. Yermakova, O. A., & Kozak, Yu. H. (2013). Zovnishnoekonomichna diialnist rehionu. Odesa.
6. Klastery dlia Ukrainy. Koly odyn plius odyn – bilshe, nizh dva. (2016, November 22). Retrieved November 22, 2016, from https://www.epravda.com.ua/columns/2016/11/22/611808/
7. Innovation cluster. Retrieved from https://www.foodvalley.nl/products/innovation-business-cluster/
8. List of members of the cluster. Retrieved from http://www.dolinaeko.pl/
9. Fiegel, S., Kuberska, D., & Kufel, J. (2014, July 31). Analysis of Conditions and the State Development of Agri-Food Cluster in Poland. Retrieved July 31, 2014, from https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2473950
10. Samofatova, V. A. (2017). Formuvannia zernovoho klasteru yak peredumova staloho rozvytku ahroprodovolchoi sfery Pivdennoho rehionu. Rehionalna Ekonomika, (1), 30-37.
11. Samofatova, V. A. (2016). Bazovi pryntsypy stvorennia rybohospodarskoho klasteru v Pivdennomu rehioni. Ekonomichni Innovatsii, (62), 378-384.
12. Enright M. J., 1999: The Globalization of Competition and the Localization of Competitive Advantage: Policies Toward Regional Clustering, [in:] Hood N., Young S. (ed.), 1999: The Globalization of Multinational Enterprise Activity and Economic Development. Macmillan, London, after: Peters E., Hood N., 2000: Implementing the Cluster Approach. Some Lessons from the Scottish Experience. International Studies of Marketing and Organization, Vol. 30, No. 2, 68-92.
13. Naukovo-doslidnyi instytut. Ofitsiinyi sait ONAKhT. Retrieved from https://www.onaft.edu.ua/nis