Research on application of development strategies at the enterprises of the wine industryAgeieva I.; Agarkova O.
Key words: strategy of development; strategy of management; strategic analysis; strategic planning; winemaking; competitiveness.
The article considers and analyzes the basic strategies of enterprise development: the strategy of concentrated growth, integrated growth and diversified growth. Also, the distinctive characteristics and stages of enterprise development strategies have been presented. The charts that show the current state of the wine industry of Ukraine have been constructed, positive and negative trends of its functioning have been identified, and the main problems of the industry development have been highlighted. It has been established that in the country there are only about 50 thousand hectares of vineyards. And the main reduction in areas occurred in agricultural enterprises, which are the main suppliers of grapes for processing. Despite the increase in the yield and gross harvest of grapes, the level of provision of wine industry by this product remains insufficient. It has been determined that growing grapes has a significant future, as its production is characterized by high profitability, and the market has a significant capacity and is attractive for investors. It has been proved that the strategy of economic development of Ukraine\'s viticulture industry in the context of international economic integration provides for the development and continuous scientific and economic support of the regional programs for the development of viticulture and winemaking in all viticultural regions of Ukraine in order to increase the efficiency of the industry, modernize its production base, develop cooperative and integration links, as well as social and marketing policy. The main competitors in the wine industry have been analyzed. The strategies, which are developed by the leading enterprises, leaders of the wine industry, have been considered. It has been determined that enterprises use a system of two or three strategies, which must be adapted to permanent changes in the external environment. It has been found out that the enterprises of the industry do not use the strategy of conglomerate diversification. This is because it is very difficult to be used and requires high costs. The recommendations on priority directions of development and increase of the economic efficiency of the enterprises of the branch have been given.
1. Shershnova, Z. Ie. (2004). Stratehichne upravlinnia (2-he vyd., pererob. i dop. ed.). KNEU.
2. Holovne upravlinnia statystyky v Odeskii oblasti. (2017). Retrieved from www.od.ukrstat.gov.ua
3. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. (2017). Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua
4. Boiarska, M. O. (2015). Analiz stratehii rozvytku pidpryiemstva. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekono-miky, (5), 306-310.
5. Mishchenko, A. P. (2004). Stratehichne upravlinnia. K.: Tsentr navch. literatury.
6. Vykhanskyi, O. S. (2008). Stratehycheskoe upravlenye (2-e yzd., pererob. y dop. ed.). M.: Hardaryka.
7. Butenko, N. V. (2006). Osnovy marketynhu. Retrieved from http://buklib.net/books/21857/
8. Kotler, N., Kotler, P., & Kotler, W. I. (2008). Museum Marketing and Strategy: Designing Missions, Build-ing Audiences, Generating Revenue and Resources.
9. Aaker , D. A. (2013). Strategic Market Management. Wiley.
10. Рейтинг 25 крупнейших алкогольных компаний Украины. (2017, January 31). Retrieved from http://landlord.ua/reiting-25-krupneyshin-alkogolnih-kompaniy-ukraini/
11. World Statistics of the Wine Institute. (2017). Retrieved from http://www.wineinstitute.org/resources/statistics