PSYCHOLOGICAL FEATURES OF THE FUNCTIONING OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAMS IN THE FOOD INDUSTRYAngelov G.;Cherkassky А.
Key words: managment teams; social identification; social representation; group cohesion; informal structure; management innovation; social responsibility
The article deals with the psychological mechanisms of management teams activity, the main stages
of their formation and development. Particular attention is paid to the peculiarities of their functioning in the food industry, their relationship with the general management innovations, which are aimed at increasing the
stability, efficiency and the competitiveness of the enterprises, have been underlined.
In the most general form of the management team is a specific community of professionals, united
by means of formal and informal relationships, which is able to develop effective management decisions.
This team is able to synthesize and create such personal qualities that make it possible to solve complex
Two mechanisms that are particularly useful for understanding the team work psychology known as
social identity and social representation. Social identification is associated with belonging to a group, but a
social representation is associated with the adoption of the shared fundamental beliefs by all the members of
the group. The management team is selected, as a rule, from people who have not only technical expertise,
but also interpersonal skills and interactions. The teams are usually well matched and balanced composition
of workers, depending on the required roles, so the team members cooperate well with each other and have
a high degree of satisfaction from the joint venture.
The key to the success of the food industry in the long term is their ability to change according to the
changeable market conditions with the help of management tools. As these mechanisms are the managerial
innovations in the form of a chain of interconnected and consciously initiated changes related to the reform
of quality management unit and aimed at improving the stability, efficiency and competitiveness of the enterprise.
1. Andrushchenko , V. P. (2006). Orhanizovane suspilstvo. Problema orhanizatsii ta suspilnoi samoorhanizatsii
v period radykalnykh transformatsii v Ukraini na rubezhi stolit. Dosvid sotsialno-filosofskoho analizu. K.: Geneza.
2. Anhielov, H. V. (2010). Etychnyi faktor v sferi pratsi i sotsialnoho upravlinnia . Odesa: KP OMD.
3. Davlietbaieva , N. (2015). Uprovadzhennia upravlinskykh innovatsii na pidpryiemstvakh kharchovoi promyslovosti
yak zaporuka pidvyshchennia yikh konkurentospromozhnosti . Halytskyi ekonomichnyi visnyk, 1(48), 48-
4. Rychard, D. L. (2000). Menedzhment . Pyter: SPb.
5. Lachynyna , T. (2007). Komanda v orhanyzatsyy: эffektyvnost sovmestnoi deiatelnosty. Problemы teoryy y
praktyky upravlenyia, 7, 119-126.
6. Niustrom, Dzh. V. (2000). Orhanyzatsyonnoe povedenye . Pyter-Iuh: SPb.
7. Kheiz , N. (2005). Uspekh odyn na vsekh: osnovnыe aspektы эffektyvnoho rukovodstva komandoi. Dnepropetrovsk:
Balans Byznes Buks.
8. Cherkaskyi, A. V. (2012). Sotsialno-psykholohichni osoblyvosti hrupovoi zghurtovanosti ta yikh vplyv na
efektyvnist spilnoi diialnosti. Aktualni problemy psykholohii : Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Instytutu psykholohii imeni
H.S. Kostiuka NAPN Ukrainy, 23, 966-974.
9. Cherkaskyi , A. V. (2013). Sotsialno-psykholohichni osoblyvosti spilkuvannia v protsesi spilnoi hrupovoi diialnosti
. Aktualni problemy psykholohii: Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Instytutu psykholohii imeni H.S. Kostiuka NAPN
Ukrainy., 25, 548-556.
10. Moscovici, S. (1984). The phenomenon of social representations, in Social Representations . Cambridge:
Cambridge University Press.