EFFICIENCY CREDIT OF BANKING FOR SMALL AND MEDIUM BUSINESS IN UKRAINEMartynovsky V.; Buraha L.
Key words: small and medium businesses; bank loans; NBU statistics; interest; funding; state support
Small and medium business in Ukraine is 99% of all business entities. But at the same time,it is in need of
funding very much. In this article, discusses one of the sources of funds, namely, bank lending. Today banks
are showing greater interest in lending to this segment of the market, as evidenced by the gradual increase
in the number of banks that provide special services for small and medium-sized businesses, and the annual
increase in the total amount of credits banks (according to the NBU data). The main activities of the most
credited are the wholesale and retail trade, as well as the processing industry. These are sectors that generate
more income and quickly pay for themselves. Lending to agricultural and food industry is very small. It is
connected with the reluctance of entrepreneurs to engage in such a labor-intensive and unprofitable
Lending of small and medium-sized businesses in Ukraine has a number of problems, among which are:
high interest rates, short-term lending, the lack of a beginning entrepreneur start-up capital, etc. For solution
of these problems required active participation of both the state and banking institutions.
1. Chaikovskyi, I. I. (2004). Kredytuvannia maloho i serednoho biznesu yak chynnyk vyrishennia problem
zainiatosti naselennia. Rehionalni Aspekty Rozvytku I Rozmishchennia Produktyvnykh Syl Ukrainy, 224-228.
2. Statystychni dani Derzhavnoho komitetu statystyky Ukrainy. Retrieved October 10, 2016, from
3. Zvit Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy. Retrieved October 10, 2016, http://.bank.gov.ua
4. Lashch, T. A. (2009). Problemy bankivskoho kredytuvannia maloho pidpryiemnytstva. Ekonomichnyi
5. Bokhenko, O. S. (2010). Problemy kredytuvannia maloho ta serednoho biznesu. Retrieved October 10,
2016, from www.rusnauka.com/11_EISN_2010/Economics/63993.doc.htm
6. Ostrovska, A. I. (2012). Problemy ta shliakhy vdoskonalennia bankivskoho kredytuvannia. Retrieved 2016,
7. Reitynhy bankivskykh posluh. (2015). Retrieved 2016, from http://www.bankchart.com.ua
8. Vorotina, L. I. (1996). Malyi biznes ta pidpryiemnytstvo yak zasib adaptatsii do rynkovykh form
hospodariuvannia. K.: Znannia.
9. Ievtukh, O. T. (2006). Kredyt yak sotsialno-ekonomichne yavyshche. Finansy Ukrainy, 7-21.
10.Zahorodnii, A., & Hrom’iak, L. (1996). Faktory, shcho vyznachaiut rozvytok maloho biznesu v Ukraini.
Ekonomika Ukrainy, 5, 65-67.