COMPETITIVE SITUATION IN THE RETAIL MARKET OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGESGolubyonkova O.; Braiko M.
Key words: competition; model of five competitive forces; retail trade; alcoholic beverages; strategy of differentiation
In article the main tendencies in consumption of wine in the world and in Ukraine are considered. The purpose of article is the research of aspects of activities and the analysis of a competitive environment in a segment of retail trade by alcoholic products for the purpose of enhancement of development of mar-keting competitive strategy and reasons for the directions of further researches.
The research allowed to reveal the following tendencies: the world market of wine is highly compet-itive market; amounts of consumption of wine in China, the USA, Great Britain, Russia increase; the ex-cess production situation, traditional for the world market of wine, proceeds, but among domestic manufac-turers of wine there are entities which are actively increasing export of the products.
In Ukraine of structural changes towards alcoholic beverages with low content of alcohol it isn\'t ob-served. The majority of alcoholic products is sold through retail trade, namely – food supermarkets. Spe-cialized retail trade enterprises selling alcoholic beverages actively operate on the market: corporate shops of producers, vinomarketa, wine boutiques, but they are strongly influenced from large supermarkets and goods substitutes – on-line shops.
In such conditions of the most reasonable there will be a strategy of differentiation which consists in provision to consumers of additional services.
By means of certain marketing tools possible is a development of reasonable strategy and its ef-fective implementation.
Prospect of further researches is development of the mechanism of monitoring of consumer prefer-ences concerning wine and process of its purchase, and also a technique of implementation of elements of cross-marketing.
1. Harkusha, O. M. (2008). Problemy rozvytku vynohradarsko-vynorobnoho pidkompleksu Ukrainy. Ekonomika APK, 11, 3-5.
2. Moroz, L. A. (2014). Moroz L.A. Doslidzhennia Ukrainskoho rynku horilchanoi produktsii ta udoskonalennia marketynhovoi komunikatsiinoi polityky yii rehionalnykh vyrobnykiv. Retrieved 2016, from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=4838
3. Osypov, V., & Osypova, L. (2015). Vynohradarstvo ta vynorobstvo Ukrainy. Suchasnyi stan, problemy, tendentsii rozvytku. Ekonomist, 5, 28-31.
4. Kuprina, N. M. (2015). Efektyvnist diialnosti pidpryiemstv kharchovoi promyslovosti Odeskoi obl.: Praktych-nyi aspekt / , Kh.O. Baraniuk. Ekonomika Kharchovoi Promyslovosti, 4(7), 28-34. doi:10.15673/2312-847x.4/2015.56732
5. Kalaman, O. B. (2015). Analiz stanu ta osoblyvosti upravlinnia pidpryiemstvamy vynohradarsko-vynorobnoho pid kompleksu. Ekonomika Kharchovoi Promyslovosti, 4(7), 40-44. doi:10.15673/2312-847x.4/2015.56740
6. Tkachenko, O. B., Aheieva, I. M., & Berkhaut, V. M. (2016). Innovatsiini skladovi stratehichnoho rozvytku vynorobnykh pidpryiemstv Ukrainy. Ekonomika Kharchovoi Promyslovosti, 1(8), 55-61. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.21691/fie.v8i1.66
7. Danylova, L. L. (2001). Optymizatsiia asortymentnoi polityky vitchyznianykh torhovelnykh pidpryiemstv. Visnyk DonDUET, 4(12), 192-196.
8. Fickle, L. A., Folwell, R. J., Ball, T., & Clary, C. (1996). Small Winery Investment and Operating Costs Extension Bulletin. Retrieved 2016, from http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/eb1996/eb1996.pdf
9. OIV (International Organisation of Vine and Wine). – 2015r. (2015). Retrieved 2016, from http://www.oiv.int/oiv/cms/index
10. Porter, M. E. (1980). Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors. New York: Free Press.
11. Burgers, W. (2008). Marketing Revealed: Challenging the Myths. Hardcover: Palgrave Macmillan.
12. Aaker, D. A. (2013). Strategic Market Management. Wiley.
13. Mintzberg, H., Lampel, J. B., & Quinn, J. B. (2002). Sumantra Ghoshal The Strategy Process: Concepts, Context, Cases. Prentice Hall.