MODERN МANAGER-LEADER IS KNOWLEDGEABLE PSYCHOLOGIST AND SKILLED EDUCATORAngelov G.;Stoiano O.А.
Key words: leader;motivation;empathy;responsibility;facilitative ability;identification
The laws of market economy entered to our lives the last decades. They greatly changed the psychology
of people, formed new attitudes, new types of relations and new aims in the minds of people, which
are sometimes true, but sometimes not. In countries that are far ahead in the development of market relations,
they have come to the conclusion that the human factor is the main weapon in the competitive struggle.
Because, it is impossible to recreate the unique combination of personalities that constitute an effectivelyfunctioning labor team, in a short period of time. Psychologically competent staff management can become a
powerful productive force, generating, ultimately, financial profit. Therefore, the problems of leadership and
management seem to be a key for achieving organizational effectiveness.
For more than a century research of leadership, scholars have accumulated a huge set of data, allowing
a fairly complete description of this phenomenon, to show its different sides and manifestations. Despite
this, the authors of this article have attempted to summarize and complement the existing developments
by own vision of the phenomena of leadership and management. The article reveals the meaning and
establishes the relationship between the concepts of «leader» and «manager» and highlights the personal
qualities and abilities of a leader-manager as a psychologist and a teacher.
The key to wise leadership is the ability to recognize each subordinate based on his attitude to work.
The management ability to appreciate (emotionally and financially) the work of subordinates has a direct impact
on their behavior and mood, which certainly affect their attitude to perform duties. The fundamental personal
qualities of a Manager-leader in the process of successful psychological and pedagogical activities
should include: empathy, identification, tact and diplomacy in communication, morality, honor, duty, responsibility,
the courage to solve practical issues, facilitative ability and psychological insight.
1. Babkova-Pylypenko, N. P. (2011). Formuvannia liderskykh yakostei maibutnikh ekonomistiv u protsesi
profe-siinoi pidhotovky. Yalta.
2. Halperyna, L. L. (2014). K voprosu o lychnostno-professyonalnukh kachestvakh sovremennoho psykholoha.
Psykholohycheskoe Znanye v Kontekste Sovremennosty: Teoryia Y Praktyka, 69-70.
3. Holovneva, Y. V. (2007). Psykholohycheskye osnovu kadrovoho menedzhmenta. Kh.: NUA.
4. Krychevskyi, R. L. (2007). Psykholohyia lyderstva. M.: Statut.
5. Marakhovska, N. V. (2009). Pedahohichni umovy formuvannia liderskykh yakostei maibutnikh uchyteliv u
protsesi navchannia dystsyplin humanitarnoho tsyklu. Kharkiv.
6. Menehetty, A. (2004). Psykholohyia lydera. M.: NNBF «Ontopsykholohyia».
7. Anhelov, H. V. (1997). Menedzher kak orhanyzator y vospytatel. Kyev-Odessa: ASP.
8. Pakhariev, A. D. (2003). Politychne liderstvo. Kyiv.
9. Petrovsky, A. V., & Yaroshevsky, M. H. (1990). Psykholohyia. M.
10. Piuselyk, F. Psykholohyia mudroho rukovodytelia. Retrieved March 7, 2016, from
11. Anhelov, H. V., & Hrynevetsky, S. R. (2005). Psykholoho-sotsyolohycheskye tekhnolohyy v sovremennom
menedzhmente. Kyev-Odessa: SMYL.
12. Anhelov, H. V., & Hrynevetsky, S. R. (2008). Razvytye lychnosty sovremennoho menedzhera. KyevOdessa:
13. Anhelov, H. V. (2004). Chelovekovedcheskaia kompetentnost v sovremennom upravlenyy. Kyev-Odessa: