TWITTER AS AN ELEMENT OF ONLINE MARKETINGKordzaia N
Key words: Internet;microblogging;Twitter;advanced;penetration;advertising
Twitter - it\'s microblogging service, where users can write, limited messages of 140 characters, messages - tweets. Twitter, like other social media is used as one of the tools of the complex promotion of products and services and for creating and maintaining the dialogue with future users.
The article presents the characteristics of Twitter microblogging as a component part of the total internet marketing system: its features, tools, and techniques.
Among the main advantages of Twitte rcan note the following: low labor intensity, instantaneous dissemination of information, the "natural" qualification of the audience (primary audience are marketers, managers, journalists, businessmen, officials and celebrities), high activity and mobility of the audience (a significant portion of users coming through the mobile applications), high generation traffic.
The author gives data of state of penetration Twitter in everyday life of the Ukrainian population and the characteristics of its functioning. Today in Ukraine there are over 430 thousand Twitter accounts. One-third of Ukrainian accounts (only for those, where the specified region of residence, was established) is in Kyiv and Kyiv region, than goes Odessa, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and Lviv regions, and the smallest ac-counts is in Ivano-Frankivsk, Volyn, Chernovetskaya and Nikolayev regions.
The basic tool in marketing at Twitter, - is to create and promote their own twitter feed. There are a three major steps, which we should follow for effective maintenance of the twitter feed.
Step 1. Registration. This step should consist of the following elements: background, avatar and description (information about the company and its products, links to an external site).
Step 2. Maintaining of twitter feed. It should be considered a model of maintaining of the channel ( "shop window", "poster", "role playing", "program") and the time of publications and updates.
Step 3. Promotion of twitter feed. There are the main promotion mechanisms of twitter feed: inte-gration with external sites, special shares promoted Tweets (own advertising system), an element of "Rec-ommendations", the announcement from popular Twitter users, promoting by hash tags
1. Kordzaia, N. R. (2015). Internet-marketynh ta yoho suchasnyi stan v Ukraini. Naukovyi Visnyk Khersons-koho Derzhavnoho Universytetu, 12, 17-20
2. Khalylov, D. (2014). Marketynh v sotsyalnukh setiakh. M.: Mann, Yvanov y Ferber.
3. Vyryn, F. Y. (2012). Ynternet marketynh: Polnui sbornyk praktycheskykh ynstrumentov. M., Russia: Эksmo.
4. Humerman Bernardo, A., Romero Daniel, M., & Fang, W. (2008). Social networks that matter: Twitter un-der the microscope (Vol. 14). Peer-reviewed journal on the Internet.
5. What is Twitter? Twitter Basics. (2015). Retrieved from http://weblogs.about.com/od/marketingablog/qt/WhatIsTwitter.htm
6. Parabellum, A., Mrochkovskyi, N. S., & Kalaev, V. (2013). Sotsyalnue sety. Ystochnyky novukh klyentov dlia byznesa. S.-Pererburh, Russia: Pyter.
7. V Ukraini maizhe 17 mln korystuvachiv Internetu. (November 2015). Retrieved from http://www.sumynews.com/new-media/7193.
8. Internet marketynh v Ukraini: Suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku. (2015, November). Retrieved from http://www.economy-confer.com.ua/full-article/1733/
9. Create your Twitter content strategy. (2015, November). Retrieved from https://business.twitter.com/basics/how-to-create-a-twitter-content-strategy
10. Great Uses For Twitter. (2015, November). Retrieved from http://webtrends.about.com/od/twitter/a/why_twitter_uses_for_twitter.htm